Friday, February 23, 2007

Can't stop these fingers

Gosh, so many ways to interpret that title today...I have hundreds of pieces from various blogs and I need to somehow merge them all this weekend so that will be forthcoming. Then I guess I should organize these into succinct areas of focus. I'll get there.

So, pop quiz in pop culture...celebs gone wild. I'm going to say it, but I don't want to. I don't want to send anymore energy her way because the girl can't handle it. I remember back in the day someone telling me that being on stage is addicting because you have thousands of people focusing all their joys and wants and love and lust in one direction, at one person and that it's too much for one person. They were talking about Prince, but of all people, P wears that energy well. Usually anyway but it's been a few years since I've seen him. We're all getting older and wearing down a bit and I heard he had hip replacement surgery. I shouldn't have laughed. But, after all the damage his need for perfection did to so many, wait..European beauty ideals of perfection, did to so many spirits...specifically mine, I found aging funny. It's the heels. Had he not worn heels every day, he wouldn't have jacked his hips up. That and we have teeth to eat red meat. Eat red meat! I've been at his mama's house--way back--when she was making red beans and rice and some neckbones. Um yeah! Another Louisiana woman holding it down and being real. No shame in our game! None! Damn, I'm hungry now. Eat red meat! Just hold the salt.

Anyway, back to the pop stuff. Brit is this year's Little Girl Lost. Some may be old enough to recall when Drew Barrymore sported that People cover title, but Brit, Brit, Brit. It's called Post Partum Depression folks. She is getting divorced and she had a baby 5 months ago. No amount of money can make her above being human. These are things that happen in the human experience and can rip any woman to shreds. Why would she be immune? Would anyone like her if she were immune? No. The truth is that people are liking the fact that she isn't. Why do some enjoy watching other people fail? It's more than misery loving company...it's sick, really.

So she shaved her head. Alright. Hair gone. It will grow back. Her spirit is still in limbo. This girl walks around with a Kabbalah bracelet, and I doubt she knows what The Light truly is, and a star of David and she is from Christian Kenner, Louisiana. I know Louisiana Christians, I was born one of them. CenLa in the house! She is searching and searching and searching among the most lost in the world. Baby girl, you will not find it in Hollywood. I know. I tried that route once. Ended up at the Covenant house for lunch after living with two members of the Nation of Islam, a broke ass Photographer and a pimp off of Hollywood Bvld. WOW, that was some serious fun though. LOL!

That place is a haven for lost. If you are lost and want to stay lost, GO to Hollywood where you will be in good company with the rest of the searchers. There is a reason why so many cults blossum there. I'm not on a religious trip, I swear. It's not about that. But the girl is at rock bottom. She's probably been there for awhile. When you have money, you start to lose the people you can trust. You start to attract people that tell you what you want to hear. People are afraid that if they tell you the truth you will hit delete on their company and ya know what, likely ya would. Being honest. I get pissed when people tell me I'm opinionated. LMAO! But, I AM. The difference is that I'm not seeking approval in the eyes of any other person. I approve of myself. That's the difference between me at this age in my mid 30s and me at Brit's age.

She is seeking everything externally. How can you find the truth, the essence of the inside from the outside? You can't. Damn, didn't anyone show this girl the Wizard of Oz? Hell, the Wiz would work! The answer is within. Always has been always will be. If I could tell Baby Brit anything, I would tell her that she is all she will ever be and all she will ever need to be in life and that is perfection. There will never be another her. God did it right the first time. All the love she wants, all the approval is her own to gift to herself. It's hers in her hands. Once you start, Baby girl, you can't stop those fingers. It's all in your hands. Wake up every day knowing that you are enough and that joy is always yours...when you choose it. You won't find it in smoke, drink, men or the perfect weight. Pick a skinny woman and ask her if she could have anything in the world what she would wish for and damn if she won't answer you. That's the problem. If skinny was all that, she would say, I have no wants. My life is as it should be and getting better all the time. If rich was all that, if poor was all that, if marriage was all that, if being single was all that, pick a person and damn if they won't answer you. Hell, pick me. Ask me and I would simply say.....*smile*

No comments: